Job Posting - Social Media Manager
Baseball BC is currently seeking a Social Media Manager to join its staff on a contracted basis. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to gain experience in the communications field or a role within amateur sports and we invite anyone interested to apply.
The Social Media Manager works as an independent contractor and reports to the Executive Director and is required to work closely with the Communications Coordinator in order to achieve Baseball BC’s communications objectives.
The focus of the Social Media Manager is to promote Baseball BC as well as its members and partner organizations, primarily through effective use of Social Media and other tools.
Compensation will be defined based on experience and skill set. This is a contract position.
- Maintains and enhances Baseball BC’s online presence through active social media posts including daily themed postings to its various social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
- Monitors social media channels through Baseball BC’s Hootsuite account in order to ensure positive promotion of the sport of baseball through its channels
- Replies or forwards on inbound inquiries sent through social media channels with the appropriate information or to the correct person
- Develops and maintains a database of key contact information for Baseball BC’s member and partner contacts
- Liaises with other staff and partner organizations to ensure that an appropriate amount of visible coverage exists for key Baseball BC events for effective online dissemination
- Ability to work both independently and under supervision
- On top of current trends and active posting with standard social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Extremely personable and engaging, able to project a personality through online channels
- Availability to attend Baseball BC functions in the summer months is an asset
- Strong baseball knowledge is an asset
This role is ideal for someone who is looking to gain experience in the communications field and is passionate about being involved with amateur baseball.
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume and any other supporting documentation to David Laing, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org