Change to Provincial Health Officer Order – Adult Sports
As was announced recently by the provincial government, there was a change to the PHO Order on Gatherings and Events that affects adult outdoor sport.
Effective immediately, group sport activities like training and drills are permitted for adults 22 and older, provided they meet the following conditions:
- Only Outdoor Team training / development (practice) permitted at this time.
- Maximum group size is 10 persons
- Participants must maintain a physical distance of three metres from one another at all times.
- Spectators are not permitted at any baseball activities.
Baseball BC would like to take this opportunity to remind all member organizations that baseball is currently in Phase 2, Stage 1 of the Return to Play (RTP) Guidelines as outlined in both the viaSport and Baseball BC Guidelines.
The following activities are currently permitted;
- Team training and development (practice)
The following activities are not permitted;
Baseball specific guidelines in place at this time;
- Participants must maintain a physical distance of three metres from one another.
- Activities should be low risk of transmitting the virus (e.g. individual activities, group training that maintains physical distance).
- Spectators are not permitted at any baseball activities. (Defined as games, competitions, tournaments, training, or practice).
- Masks are required in all indoor public settings. (As defined by the current public order)
- Strength training and dryland training are not permitted, unless there is a COVID 19 Safety Plan is in place for this type of activity that is strictly followed (see Regional Health Authority for your local requirements).
- Verbal symptom screening and attendance tracking must be performed daily.
- Stay home if you’re sick.