COVID – 19 UPDATE – Return to Phase 2
December 4, 2020
Attention: Baseball BC Membership (and affiliated clubs)
From: BC Amateur Baseball Association
Re: COVID – 19 UPDATE – Return to Phase 2.
Please note effective immediately, Baseball BC is requiring all member organizations and their clubs to move to Phase 2 of it’s Return to Play Guidelines (as of July 10, 2020). This Phase change is required by new Provincial Health Officer Orders put into effect on December 2, 2020.
This return to Phase 2 – July 10 is in effect province wide for all baseball organizations and includes the following additions or changes;
All baseball programming for athletes aged 19 years and older is suspended at this time.
Baseball programming for athletes aged 18 and younger can continue but:
- Participants must maintain a physical distance of three metres from one another (This is an increase to the previously required 2 metres).
- Activities should be low risk of transmitting the virus (e.g. individual activities, group training that maintains physical distance).
- Games, tournaments and competitions for teams are not allowed at this time.
Reminder of additional restrictions / requirements and measures required at this time are as follows:
- Spectators are not permitted at any sport activities. (This means no spectators at any games, competitions, training, or practice).
- Masks are required in all indoor public settings.
- Strength training and dryland training are not permitted, unless there is a COVID 19 Safety Plan is in place for this type of activity that is strictly followed (see Regional Health Authority for your local requirements).
And as always;
- Verbal symptom screening and attendance tracking must be performed daily.
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- All government expectations and requirements to be met, including viaSport Phase 3 Guidelines and the current PHO Orders.
All member groups and local associations are also required to review the new PHO orders and review and revise respective COVID-19 Safety Plans and Policies and adapt where necessary.
Finally, we would like to remind all member organizations and their clubs that local municipalities may have additional requirements for access and that they are encouraged to check with their facility partners for direction.
Please note Baseball BC will continue to monitor provincial health orders and direction from viaSport as they are made available and base all future programming adjustment decisions as required.
Details on Baseball BC’s RTP Guidelines can be found on our webpage at:
Past Memo's can be found on the Return to Play page HERE
Direct any questions you may have on this topic to Baseball BC Executive Director David Laing at 604-586-3312.