Provincial Health Officer Order Extended
As announced today, the Provincial Health Officer has extended the current order restricting gatherings and events until further notice.
Baseball BC would like to take this opportunity to remind all member organizations that baseball is currently in Phase 2 of the Return to Play (RTP) Guidelines as outlined in both the viaSport and Baseball BC Guidelines.
The following activities are currently permitted;
- Team training / development (practice)
The following activities are not permitted;
- Games / Tournaments
- Programming for athletes over the age of 22
Baseball specific guidelines in place at this time;
- Participants must maintain a physical distance of three metres from one another.
- Activities should be low risk of transmitting the virus (e.g. individual activities, group training that maintains physical distance).
- Spectators are not permitted at any baseball activities. (Defined as games, competitions, tournaments, training, or practice).
- Masks are required in all indoor public settings. (As defined by the current public order)
- Strength training and dryland training are not permitted, unless there is a COVID 19 Safety Plan is in place for this type of activity that is strictly followed (see Regional Health Authority for your local requirements).
- Verbal symptom screening and attendance tracking must be performed daily.
- Stay home if you’re sick.
All member groups and local associations are encouraged to review the PHO orders and review and revise respective COVID-19 Safety Plans and Policies and adapt where necessary.
Finally, we would like to remind all member organizations and their clubs that local municipalities may have additional requirements for access and that they are encouraged to check with their facility partners for direction.
Please note Baseball BC will continue to monitor provincial health orders and direction from viaSport as they are made available and base all future programming adjustment decisions as required.
Details on Baseball BC’s RTP Guidelines can be found on our webpage at:
Please direct any questions you have on this topic to Baseball BC Executive Director David Laing at 604-586-3312.