In addition to the full program below, the National Coaches Committee is excited to announce a new product for coaches, the My First Pitch e-Learning Module!
This tool, available to coaches via their account on nccp.baseball.ca, is free of charge until August 31st, 2020 and is designed to support coaches while navigating an athlete’s first experience on the pitcher’s mound. (Cost after Aug. 31 is $14.95)
The module targets coaches of athletes in the 10/11 age bracket with highlights of the program including Supporting New Pitchers, Teaching Pitching Mechanics, Drills to Improve Pitching Mechanics and Safety Rules to Protect Young Pitchers.
Designed in a user-friendly format, the My First Pitch e-Learning Module can be accessed on your NCCP coaches page by clicking on STATUS > PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT > MY FIRST PITCH!
(Further details about the e-learning module can be found here https://baseball.ca/?alias=product-launch-my-first-pitch-nccp-e-learning-module&lang=english)
General Information (Full Program)
My First Pitch is the official introduction to Baseball Canada’s pitching program. The program is designed for all young baseball players ages 10 and 11 and aims to increase interest in baseball at the Learn to Train stage of development. My First Pitch introduces topics such as grips, pitching mechanics and proper throwing techniques while demonstrating multiple drills to identify and correct major pitching flaws. The program also helps coaches, athletes and parents understand the rationale behind Baseball Canada’s pitch count approach.
- Reduce the number of young athletes with arm injuries by teaching them proper throwing mechanics
- Provide athletes with the necessary skills to play baseball in order to increase fun
- Prevent coaches and athletes to specialize in one position at this age group
- Increase awareness of pitch count and the negative effect of overuse
- Help parents realize the importance that this is the most important stage for the development of baseball specific skills
Click here for order form
Contact Scott Mackenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info